- This event has passed.
Legal Beagle Bagel Breakfast
- March 20 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
The Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2, continues to spread and has come to many of our communities in California. By last weekend there were over 100,000 cases in more than 100 countries. The World Health Organization (“WHO”) has declared the Coronavirus a “pandemic” but perhaps the first pandemic that can be controlled.
As of yesterday, California had two deaths and 157 confirmed cases. As of today, California has experienced four deaths and 198 positive cases. Many cases are related to travel or to repatriation flights. However, at least 20 percent of the cases have been community-acquired, the majority of which are in the greater Bay Area.
Join us at our next Legal Beagle Bagel Breakfast, Friday, March 20th at 9:00 a.m. to learn more what employers should know about the Coronavirus.
- What is the Coronavirus and what are its symptoms?
- How is the Coronavirus spread? How can an employer reduce the risk of spreading the virus in the workplace?
- Can I prohibit employees who may be ill from coming to work?
- Can I ask employees about their medical condition?
- Can I require a medical exam or perform a temporal scan?
- Can I prohibit employees from travel?
- Can I send workers home, reduce work schedules, shut down temporarily or eliminate some positions?
- What leaves of absences may be available to employees?
- Are unemployment or disability benefits available to employees?
- What does OSHA require of an employer?
What Employers Need to Know About the Cornovirus
Friday, March 20, 2020 – 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
7112 North Fresno Street, Suite 450; Fresno, California 93720
*This session will be available via webinar.
Cost: $25.00 per person (FREE for HR Business Partners); an additional cost of $10.00 per line for participating via webinar. The registration deadline for the webinar is Thursday, March 19, 2020. Fishman, Larsen & Callister is an HRCI Approved Provider. The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval. HRCI credit is an additional $10.00.
To register, please contact FLC’s receptionist at (559) 256-5000, via fax at (559) 256-5005; or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up now! Seating is limited. An RSVP is a commitment to pay. No refunds or cancellations; however, substitutions will be accepted.
Via Webinar: ( ) HRCI Certification: ( )
Amount Enclosed: _______________________