Effective January 2019, Senate Bill 1343 requires California businesses with 5 or more employees to provide sexual harassment training to both supervisors and non-supervisory staff by January 1, 2020. In addition, newly hired employees or newly promoted supervisors must be trained within six months.
Sierra HR Partners is here to help with a variety of training options!
This one-hour interactive program is designed to satisfy all components of SB 1343, AB 2053 (abusive conduct), and SB 396 (gender identity and gender expression.) Key topics include:
- Resolving workplace conflicts and minimizing gossip and inappropriate jokes
- Definitions and examples of two types of harassment and protected classes
- Abusive conduct and bullying
- Company policy and complaint process
Our two-hour interactive program satisfies legal requirements by including the key staff topics, and adding the following:
- A supervisor’s role as an agent of the company
- Understanding potential liability for the company and the individual supervisor
- How to lead by example and set the tone for positive workplace behavior
- Protections against retaliation
- How to properly respond to a complaint of harassment
For your convenience and to foster a shared understanding between employees and management, these two workshops may overlap or be offered back to back.
Location, Location, Location!
A certified Consultant will present a private training workshop customized for your team at your location.
Monthly training workshops are offered to all Sierra HR clients in our training room.
For groups of 20 or fewer, private training workshops may be conducted in the Sierra HR Partners training room.
Training workshops are offered via webinar on a quarterly basis, allowing individual employees to attend remotely.
Please contact us for pricing information, upcoming training dates, and any questions you may have.